Better than Sex Chocolate Cake
I know I’ve taken on a pretty big claim in naming this one, but I’m confident you’ll agree (even if you don’t say it!) after the first bite! It’s got all the decadence of flavour you’d want from a naughty dessert and, of course, a little bit of a surprise which will have everyone talking… I’ve tried it out on even the hardest of critics and haven’t had anyone guess my secret ingredient, or disagree with my bold statement, as yet!
- olive oil, for greasing
- 1 heaped cup pitted dates
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut, toasted oil, as needed
- 300g dark chocolate (85%), broken into pieces
- 600g medium-firm tofu
- ¼ cup baking-style stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- large pinch ground chili
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- fresh berries, to garnish
1. Lightly grease a 25cm pie dish and set aside.
2. Place dates in a medium-sized bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Next, place oats and coconut in a food processor and blitz until powdery.
4. Drain dates well and add to food processor, then blend again until mixture starts to form a paste. Then pulse until paste starts to form a ball. The mixture should be glossy and form a ball. If it doesn’t, add 1 tbsp boiling water at a time until it comes together.
Hi! I am Dr Kat,
I am on a mission to teach the world
the POWER of CONFIDENCE.