Baby Blueberry Parfait
In Ontario, Canada, where I was born, blueberries are as common in summer as snow in winter, so any recipe bursting with that sweet, tart goodness takes me straight home. I know blueberries aren’t as plentiful here in Australia, but luckily this recipe works really well with frozen berries, too. I love these little parfaits for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert.
Blueberry Topping Ingredients
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- ½ cup 100% apple juice
- 4 cups frozen (no need to thaw) or fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 3 cups Greek yoghurt (3/4 cup per portion)
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and crushed (optional)
1. Place potato starch and apple juice into a medium-sized saucepan and stir until dissolved.
2. Add the honey and 2 cups of the blueberries then bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining blueberries and let cool to room temperature.
4. Once cooled, take four glasses or jars and alternate yoghurt and blueberry topping (about ¾ cup of yoghurt and ½ cup topping per serve) and top with crushed, toasted almonds, if using.
Keep any leftover topping in the fridge for up to 2-3 days or portioned, ready to go, in the freezer.
I stir in the second half of the blueberries after cooking so they keep their texture and shape. If you prefer a smoother consistency or would like to simplify things, feel free to add them all in step 2.
Hi! I am Dr Kat,
I am on a mission to teach the world
the POWER of CONFIDENCE.