Bare Bircher Muesli
If you often hear yourself saying “I don’t have time for breakfast” then this will be your new BFF! It’s foolproof to put together, easy to change up by adding your favourite things (I’ve listed two other fave combos in Variations below), and will last 3-4 days in the fridge. Store it in single serving jars for a perfect grab n’ go brekkie.
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup 100% natural juice (e.g., apple, orange, pineapple)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
TROPICAL ADD INS
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and roughly chopped or smashed with a fork + extra, sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup desiccated, unsweetened coconut, toasted
1. Place all muesli ingredients in a large bowl. Mix, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
2. Stir in the Tropical add-ins, divide mixture equally between four jars or containers, top with a little extra mango for garnish, and keep in the fridge until ready to grab n’ go!
If you’re looking for some added protein, use 1 cup cottage cheese and 1 cup Greek yoghurt (instead of 2 cups Greek yoghurt) and continue as per recipe.
I often use rolled spelt flakes instead of oats for a nice change. They look almost exactly like oats but are typically found in the health-section of your grocery store.
Apple Pie: In Step 2, instead of the Tropical add-ins, mix in 1 grated apple + 1 tsp cinnamon + ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts (see Tips n’ Tricks video here [insert link] for how to toast nuts).
Berry-licious: In Step 2, instead of the Tropical add-ins, mix in 2 cups of your favourite berries (slice strawberries, if using) along with ½ cup of toasted chopped nuts (see Tips n’ Tricks video here [insert link] for how to toast nuts).
Use a nut or coconut milk and coconut yoghurt and proceed as per recipe.
Hi! I am Dr Kat,
I am on a mission to teach the world
the POWER of CONFIDENCE.