Beautiful Baked Egg Cups
These little breakfast all-in-ones are a great way to start the day. I love the ham and egg combo, but I also mix it up a bit and sometimes line my cups with either smoked salmon or kale… or both. Have them on their own, or with a side salad and fresh bread. The options are endless, really!
Portions: 6 cups
- neutral-flavoured oil (e.g, macadamia or avocado), for greasing muffin cups
- 6 slices free-range ham
- 6 tbsp frozen peas
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp crumbled feta or grated cheese (e.g. cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
to taste freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease bottoms and sides of 6-cup muffin tin with oil and set aside.
- Line inside of each muffin cup with a slice of ham, then top with add equal parts peas, onion and cheese.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs with milk along with a good crack of salt and pepper. Transfer to each of the 6 cups.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes, or until slightly puffed.
- Remove from oven and carefully run a knife around the inside of each muffin cup to loosen and remove.
Leftovers: Keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Need a quick protein to top a salad? Simply slice into cubes and throw it on top, your choice whether you eat it cold or warmed.
I love serving these alongside a crisp green salad and some of my Bitchin’ Beer Bread or Quick Quinoa Bread.
Play around with what you use to line your egg cups. I love using either smoked salmon or a kale leaf.
Hi! I am Dr Kat,
I am on a mission to teach the world
the POWER of CONFIDENCE.