60 Second Sticky Cake
I love this cake, not only for its deliciousness but also because it is just so darn quick and easy. You don’t even need an oven well, just a microwave. Throw it all into a jug, blend it up, transfer, and wait for the ping!
3 pitted prunes, roughly chopped
1 large egg
1 tsp neutral-flavoured oil + extra for greasing
1 tbsp maple syrup
5 drops vanilla extract
2 tbsp ground almonds
1/8 tsp baking powder
- Generously grease a normal-sized (approx. 300ml) microwave-safe coffee mug.
- In a separate jug or cup (you will need to fit your stick-blender in there), puree all ingredients until super duper smooth. Scrape the sides of the jug or cup as needed during blending. You’ll know the batter is ready because it will look so deliciously light and airy you’ll want to smother your entire body with it. Or maybe that’s just me!
- Anyhoo, back to the recipe. Scrape batter into a prepared mug and pour right down to the bottom (and not down the sides!); this will help it puff up more (kinda like a soufflé).
- Microwave for 60 seconds on high. You’ll see it start to puff at around 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and enjoy – be careful though, as it will be very, very hot.
If you have a mug that is deep and wide enough to hold the head of your stick blender, you can just toss everything in there, mix, and bake. It will stick a bit but…Heck, it’ll still be delicious!
Leftovers? Girl p-lease.
Don’t have any prunes? You can substitute with pitted dates (soak in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain) and proceed as per recipe.
If you’d prefer to make this recipe with stevia instead of maple syrup, use ½ tbsp baking-style stevia instead of the maple syrup and proceed as per recipe. The flavour isn’t quite as caramel-tasting but the choice is yours!
Hi! I am Dr Kat,
I am on a mission to teach the world
the POWER of CONFIDENCE.